Saturday, October 28, 2006

One... Two... Three... Four...

Tonight in the middle of playing, Katie dropped down and started doing sit-ups while counting out loud, "One, Two, Three, Four..." (Jennifer has been doing sit-ups at home for the past couple months and it appears to be rubbing off some. When I asked her about it, this is what I got...

Steve: What are you doing Katie?

Katie: I'm just umnmm, doing exercise

Steve: Exercise, what's that? (This is actually an honest question!)

Katie: I exercise because it's good for my heart!

No arguments there. Soon after she started her sit-ups, Andy joined in next to her doing the same thing. Apparently, I am living amidst a bunch of health nuts. But don't worry, Im doing my best to hold out against the peer pressure.

It's been a super busy week. Dick and Kari (Jen's parents) are in town, so the house has a lot of activity. We're having a great time. Last night Jen planned a special night out and the grandparents babysat. Jen had booked a special hotel and dinner-night out for us. She got us a place at a local Hyatt (not less than 5 minutes form here, literally we didn't get on a freeway to get there!). The hotel manager happens to be Jen's college friend's husband. When we checked in, we found out that he had upgraded us to the Presidential Suite! I have never stayed at a presidential suite before. It was pretty incredible. The place was enormous, multiple bathrooms, dining room, living room -- I mean it was about as big as our house. We really enjoyed it. We had sushi for dinner and spent the night in the room :)

No comments: