Sunday, October 08, 2006

It only takes a second...


While every child is different, and every parent is different, there are still some things that all families share in common. One of those common experiences is that no matter what kind of parent you are, at some point in your child's life, you will say the words, "I only turned my back for a second!"

Tonight I was preparing Andy for his bath. He had a frightening diaper, so I proceeded to remove it and clean him of course. As I am standing up and taking the diaper out to the garage, I turn my back on the little rascal for probably 15 seconds. I left him in the hallway with his shirt on. Well, I guess seeing the warm bath with all the fun bubbles, was too much of a lure for Andy to resist. Or more likely, he didn't even think that going in the bath with a shirt on was something that was a no-no. Or maybe he just didn't realize he had his shirt on. For whatever reason, he went for it. When I got back to the bathroom, I found what you see in the picture above.

Steve: "DUDE! You can't wear your shirt in the bathtub Andy!"

Andy: "Why Daddy?"

I quickly snapped a shot and just laughed at him. Katie and Jen found it pretty funny as well.

Later as I was posting this I began to think about his response, "Why Daddy?" That's actually a good question. Why? Why not? I mean, we are washing the kid and the shirt at the same time. Everything is clean. It's kinda fun to boot. Why indeed... man these kids are smart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is a cutie pie - I sure enjoyed cuddeling with the two of them the 2 seconds I was there last week.