Saturday, October 21, 2006

DAEPS!

Andy has gotten pur-ty onrey lately when it comes to eating his dinner. Typically, he will eat any fruits put in front of him, and adamantly refuses to touch anything in the meat or veggie department. The kid is huge and healthy so we haven't been too forceful with him as of late on this stuff, but it's starting to get a bit unmanageable, so tonight I started craking-down a bit more. Tonight's dinner was typical, Andy ate all his grapes (pronounced "Daeps" in Andy-speak.) I then tried to get him to eat his chicken and corn...

Steve: "Good job on those grapes Andy, how about you eat some of that Chicken now?"

Andy: "NOOOO DADDY! I wa DAEPS!"

Steve: *firm now* "Andrew, you have to eat your chicken first, then I'll give you all the grapes you want..."

Andy: *insta-tears* "NOOOO DADDY! I wa DAAAAAEPS!!! *kicking sobbing*

Steve: "Katie and I are going to have Ice Cream now Andy, you can have some too, if you eat your chicken..."

Andy: "DAAAAAAAAAAEPS!!!"

Steve: *sigh*

At least Katie has been a fatastic eater lately. They both have flopped roles in this area. Katie now eats everything and then proceeds to show me her muscles and boast about her "EN-R-GY." I suppose we should be thankful that were not getting tag-teamed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories. I was laughing pretty hard at this one! I think I found it so funny because we fight the same battles and have quite similar conversations in our house. Nice to know we're not alone!