Wednesday, October 18, 2006

God is in My Heart

(Photo: Katie and Daddy at Disneyland enjoying some hard-earned Mickey Dees Fries)

Katie had her school "Open House" this week. I hustled home form work on Monday so we could drive to LaJolla and meet her teachers and see her classroom. On the drive over, Katie was quietly and playfully singing one of the song-prayers she learned at her school. Curious as to what she was learning, I decided to ask a few questions...

Steve: "Katie, who is God?"

Katie: "God is in our hearts."

Steve: "Is he anywhere else?"

Katie: "Yes, God is everywhere. He's in our hearts and he's up in the sky. but sometimes I don't like God being in my heart."

Steve: "No? Why is that?"

Katie: "I just don't like God being in my heart sometimes. I can't see him there."

We're working on name writing this week. Katie can write her name now, shes got the basics down -- "A's" are often a challenge, but the reast of the letters are coming along nicely. She likes to draw, and is very interested in learning how to draw people. Last night we continued to read James and the Giant Peach. We're about 13 chapters into it. I think she likes it, however she seems to fall asleep on me after about 10 minutes of reading each night...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't that the point?...to have her fall asleep when you read to her? Job well done.

Anonymous said...

Katie is very talented - and thats not just Nana talking!