Sunday, November 19, 2006

Terrible Twos and Changing Hues


The short days of Fall are clearly here in San Diego. Early sunsets, those strange long shadows, and the full swing of week 11 NFL football are just some of the overbearing reminders that the holidays are nearly here. Yes yes, I mention footbal in order to call attention to the fact that the Bolts just eeked out over the Broncos in a spectacular Sunday night game for the division lead in the NFC West and are creeping up on the conference pole position! Considering that some of my loyal readers are from the fair town of Denver, I must remember to be humble as we round the corner for the San Diego hosted version on December 10th.

It seems that my son has decided to finally enter the terrible 2's. While I thought we would luck out and see his happy-mischievous personality stay dominant, it seems that Andrew has given birth to Mr. "Mine". Today we went to the park to play some soccer and ride bikes. Andy could not get over the concept of sharing the ball, and spent most of his time wailing in jealousy if anyone else tried to kick his toy. Not to mention complete lack of regard for the rules about not using hands! This has pretty much extended to everything -- instant tears whenever he is told 'no', etc etc. Oh well, Katie seems to be taking it pretty well considering she has to deal with him basically trying to abduct anything she touches. I'm continually amazed at her willingness to share and unconditional love for her brother.

Back to another good note, I received a new job position at HP. It's going to be quite a change as I move from marketing product management to strategic business planning and I am excited to take-on this new challenge. I'm changing buildings, bosses, divisions, and roles. Should be an interesting new year. Jen has been awesome and supportive in helping me make these decisions over the past week, and we are both glad to have things ironed out and decided.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the new position at work! I hope the transition goes smoothly for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey super star - you will do great - remember we get each day only once - thats really fun to remember when it is a suckie day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Steve!!! HP's making a smart decision!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new position.

Sounds like you have your hands full, but I know you have big hands.

Your blog is a delight and an inspiration. We look forward to the next time our families get together.

Stay HiP, Your bro-in-law, Chris