Monday, November 13, 2006

It's ak-shually a Kitty-Kat


Katie has a new shirt that she is very excited about. You can see it in the picture to the right. She is so proud of it that she likes to walk up to people and let them know this. Interestingly, she has a slightly different perspective on this shirt than would the average person. The following is the conversation I had with her when I came home from work, reagrding this fantastick new shirt:

Katie: *Proud and bold" "Daddy, do you like my new shirt?"

Steve: "Why yes Katie, it's really cool, I like that Santa."

Katie: "Ak-shually, it's not a Santa, it just loooooks like a Santa..."

Steve: "Oh really?"

Katie: "Yes, it's ak-shually a Kitty-Kat! See, these are his curly whiskers."

There are lots of things I correct Katie on, pronounciations, manners, etc. but when it comes to stuff like this... no way. I mean, these are ak-shually the lenses of a child -- the ability to see what others are too grown-up to see. So anyhow, if you bump into Katie, I'd recommend commenting to her about what a nice Kitty-Kat shirt she has.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie -


I really like your kitty-kat shirt!