Saturday, March 28, 2009

Counting Cows

I really don't know what is motivating me to post this many pictures of cows. Ill try to rationalize it in a second.

So, there is this "Cow Parade" here in La Jolla. Its a travelling thing, so maybe it's been to your city, or coming. Anyhow, the kids and I toured them on foot this late-afternoon. There were really beautiful and highly creative. We found, and tagged 21 cows in total!

Thankfully I have some mercy and I spared you a few, but here are some of the better ones. I think I posted all these pictures to try and share the effort that we put into this odessy. And of course, to show all the silly expressions the kids came up with. But mostly, I think I wanted to try and relay the powerful oddity that is inescapable when one is confronted with massive amounts of artsy-painted cows.

Got a favorite?












3 comments:

Grandpa Dick said...

Clearly Andy and Katie were into the event. I especially loved the pic of them with the bull and their ferocious faces!

momasando said...

These have to be california cows - either san francisco or hoolwood with all the color and glamour - wisonsin cows would have to have at least one pair of bib overalls.and snow boots.

Kevin Heldt said...

Not sure if it's my favorite but the one with the eyes on the side of it is definitely the creepiest!