Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Everything but the Dentist


Andy and Katie went to the dentist today. On returning home, Andy dashed into my office to let me know what happened...

Andy: "Daddy, we went to the Dentist and my teeth are all clean!"

Me: "That's great buddy!"

Andy: "Yeah, and the dentist gave us a free beer for you."

Me: *Perplexed and Amused* "A free BEER?"

Andy: "Yeah, a BEEEEEEER."

Me: "Like the kind you drink?"

Andy: *Sticking to his story* "Yes, a beer."

Me: "Well, cool, where is it?"

Andy: "Mommy drank it accidentally. I tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen to me."

Me: "I see... Hey Andy, did you make this whole story up?"

*Pause*

Andy: "Yeah... Everything but the dentist."


You know, that's a pretty good idea... free beer at the dentist. I sure as heck would go to the dentist more often if the gave away free beer. Would make those annoying waiting room experiences a while lot more tolerable, not to mention the procedures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

priceless, I o to the dentis twice a year, hic.

Kim Babcock said...

...he's got the right idea alright! They should ALL have a bar in the waiting room! the dentist, the gyno, the mammo and every appt where I am seeing a DR.!