Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Just a little off the top


Went to get haircuts today.

It's becoming something of a tradition that Andy and I go together to get our hair cut. We usually wait until they can serve us both at the same time. Andy is getting the routine down -- so much that he blurts out "I want a mohawk!" before he even fully gets into the chair. I of course have to explain to the stylist that he wants to get a regular haircut and then have it made to look like a mohawk once it's all done.

It's pretty good male bonding time and I value the conversations we have during this little trips. Today we talked about which super-heroes were the most awesome, and which ones were our favorites. We pitted them against each other in virtual battles and carefully hypothesized the probably outcomes. We also talked about our favorite flavors of lollipops, and weather or not our SUV could jump over another car if we really had to. I have to be honest with you, I really wish all my daily conversations were this interesting, and this important.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Aubrey and I have a date to get her hair cut this weekend. I wonder what we'll talk about... getting princess hair, my little ponies, wearing pink things. Men truly are from Mars after all.

Sando said...

Indeed.

You know, the more I look at this photo of Andy, the more he looks like Ed Grimly from the old Martin Short SNL skit. And that reminds me of Jerry, who used to do a decent impersonation when I was younger, "I must say..."