Tuesday, April 07, 2009

1st Beach of '09




Good grief work has been nothing short of madness. I have been putting in some very long hours and I need a break!

Luckily, I got to take a small one this weekend with a trip to the beach, our first family beach outing of the year actually. As we were heading out the door for our outing, I glanced at my iPhone which shows weather for SD, Denver, and a few other choice locations for me... Denver was showing 30 degrees. Yikes! That information helped me really savor the afternoon and soak up as much sun as I could.

Grandma and Grandpa are also visiting right now and joined us. The weather was perfect. The tide was low, and we got to do some great sand castle-ing, boce-ball, tide-pooling, and of course general sun worshiping.

Best moment for me was when Katie and I went out far into the tide pools and managed to find an octopus! Lots and lots to see out there.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It was in the mid-sixties today, but we still have a little snow on our yard too. :)

mom said...

Sun, sand and sea is the sacriface for family love, thunderstorms and big beautiful houses. we went sailing and saw whales, one stayed in our harbor for two weeks.