Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentines meets Chineese New Year

Well, I am spending Valentine's Day in Singapore. Doesnt quite seem fair when your sweetheart is 6000 miles away! This job is a lot of fun and challenging but I am crazy busy. I called home this morning to wish the family a happy V-Day. Jen and I actually got a chance to go out last Saturday and celebrate. Her parents are in town and were kind enough to babysit for us. Katie is funny, when I talk to her on the phone, all she wants to ask me is, "What presents are you going to bring me?" "Do they have any princesses there?" Haha. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of getting her presents on the last 2 trips I went on and now it has become an expectation. Keep in mind that I did a lot less travelling in my old job. But I think I scored big on this trip as they had really cool silk (Mulan-like) chiness pajammas here for only $20. I am expecting them to go over big with Katie.
Singapore is beautiful. Its tropical here, feels like Hawaii. Looks like Hong-Kong. Huge high-rises. It's a few days from Chineese New Year, and for those of you who don't know what that is like over here, let me just tell you that it is a big deal. They basically shut down everything for a few weeks and celebrate like crazy. Very interesting culture. I fly home tomorrow. The flight is like 18 hours long... ugh. I'm going to try and get some much needed sleep.

For those interested in Singapore, heres a link to a pic on the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Singapore.jpg
In the foreground bottom left of the photo is a fountain right on the water. Last night I sat right there outside and had dinner!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It isn't fun to be away from family, but what a neat opportunity to see the world!

r