Thursday, January 22, 2009

Supermom


Jennifer has been going about a zillion miles an hour recently. Teaching, mothering, being a good wife, managing the house... she's like a soccer-mom on steroids. Yesterday I come into the kitchen and finder her tying ribbons to pine-cones. (I see this and I'm thinking to myself, "Don't ask, or it's going to be you tying those ribbons.") Instead I decided to take a picture of my crafty little wife as she was preparing a couple dozen of these bird feeder projects for Katie's daisy troop.

I didn't realize that she was saving the real fun work for me, and soon I found myself drilling about 200 holes into old tennis ball cans for another planting project.

Katie was sick today, but she's doing OK. She's got a wicked cold and we kept her home from school. I think she found the experience pretty dull as she got to see what mom and dad do when she's not around, which is basically work. She asked if she was going to school tomorrow and I told her, "we'll see how you feel." To which she responded, "I hope I get better cause it's boring here."

No comments: