Monday, January 26, 2009

Hula Bowl


Today Katie and I went bowling with our Adventure Guides program. It was a hula theme so we tried to dress accordingly. It was pretty funny to see how a group of girls approached bowling. There was a lot of focus on what color ball you had, and then they would all sit in little circles on the area where you are supposed to 'approach' the lane and socialize -- while confused fathers would try to keep the pace of the game going.

It definitely got a little competitive for Katie as she focused on her score vs. the other girl in our lane. It was a good thing she was focusing on the other girl, cause she whooped me by 22 points. In fact, pretty much all the 6-year old girls beat me today... yes, it's true, I bowled a 75.

It's pretty impressive actually, considering I was trying AND the bumpers were up. It was like a bad voodoo curse or something. I was worried about being mocked until I realized that all the dads in our group sucked at bowling too, just not quite as bad as me. I started to feel really guilty when I realized there were trophies to be won and it was based on combined father/daughter score. Katie came up with a 97 (in case you are bad at math) and I was very proud of her -- but I completely wrecked her chances at winning anything. Mommy is the bowling champ of the family, maybe she can pinch-bowl for me next time.

No comments: