Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nighttime Narnia


I've been reading the kid's the Narnia books. A chapter a night. We are alomst done with the second and most famous "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." I bought them the collection for Christmas. They are really great, I forgot how much I liked the stories as I haven't read them for about 30 years. The english dialogue is a little tough to work sometimes, but I usually just replace some of the antiquated words with stuff the kids can understand. I'm getting a lot out of it myself too, symbolisim, themes that I couldn't comprehend in the younger years. If anyone wants to borrow the book(s) when we are done, let me know.

2 comments:

Kevin Heldt said...

Warms my heart Steve -- as most of the world knows, Clive is my hero. :)

I have to add, however, that I can't get behind the "new" ordering of the series. TLTWATW will always be the FIRST book to me!

Rachel said...

I've made it through TLTWATW about 3/4 of the way at least 3-4 times. I'm the worst reader.

M