Saturday, January 31, 2009

The more things change...


They say, "The more things change, the more they stay the same." One of the upsides to getting older is you get to see more of the style cycles repeat themselves. (Personally, I can't wait for acid washed Jeans to make a come-back.) But today, I got to see my daughter sport a sweet pair of Pink Chuck Taylor Converse Tennies. Aren't they tubular?

In other news, I have been itching to do some woodworking/building... just to keep my hands busy. I love working with woods, and it's been a while since I made anything. I decided to see what was out there on the web in terms of CAD software, (that stands for Computer Aided Drafting for you newbs)... yeah, do remember that I used to be a mechanical engineer. Well I was not too surprised when I saw that Google had a free app called SketchUp. Amazing, easy, intuitive. It's incredible the tools that are avilable for free these days. Im like additicted to it now, making shapes, listening to Gn'R, and stimulating my upper right cerebral cortex. I forgot how much I like to design stuff.

Anyhow, if you guys are ever looking for good free software, check Google first, they have almost everything and it's usually really easy.

Tomorrow Jen and Katie each have seperate parties to go to, so Andy and I are going to be banished to 'who knows where' -- I'm totally pumped about the randomness and unplanned nature of the upcoming afternoon. I'm sure I'll have a good story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O dpoon't remember thse shoes but penny loafers were the coolest - thats way before bitchin, rad and the bomb.