Friday, August 08, 2008

A Day in the Life of 2008

Note to self, read this in 10 years and laugh at what you used to do:

What I did today:

I wore Jeans to work to meet with the top executives at my company.

I spent $16 on gas to drive 30 minutes to, and 30 minutes from work.

I drank a cup of coffee, and spilled a good amount of it on the table of a conference room that had a sign on the door that said, "No food or drink inside".

The room above also had coasters on the table.

I texted, I IM'd, I called (Cell and Land Line), I Halo'd, I Emailed, and I wrote a few notes.

I got 200 emails.

I sent at least 30.

I talked with at least two dozen different people, across 3 continents.

I met face to face with someone from Oregon and someone from Idaho, at the same time.

I changed my Satellite TV service options.

I listened to many songs, including: "Californication" on my Iphone (Red hot Chili Peppers), "Rio" while swimming (Duran Duran), and "With or Without You" in the car (U2)

I called an old friend and asked him if he was bringing his wife to our 20 year High School Reunion dinner.

I thought too long about some things I don't like about my life. I then scolded my brain and promptly did the next thing on the list.

I swam with my kids. We took turns watching each other do cannon balls... from underwater -- and we marvelled at the number of bubbles that one can make when doing this.

I kissed my wife 3 different times.

I told my daughter that she was the most beautiful girl in the world (once in the morning, and once at night).

I took a 15 minute unplanned nap on the couch with my son lying on top of me. It would have been longer but it's not easy to nap like that.

I blogged this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Post! I love it!

Anonymous said...

and you hugged your Mom and made her laugh alot.

Anonymous said...

and you hugged your Mom and made her laugh alot.