Saturday, August 23, 2008

She was an American Girl





The recap on Katie's Birthday and Nana's Visit:

So little miss Katie is now a big 6 years old! Katie celebrated by having Jennifer and Nana take her to "American Girl". For those of you who don't know what American Girl is, Google it. It's kinda like Cabbage Patch kids meets Disneyland. The marketing machine behind it is very powerful, and the resulting drain on my bank account is frightening...

Nonetheless, Katie loved it to death. Note the coordinated outfits, and the whole thing is designed for Katie and her dollie (Kyla) to do everything together. A true girlie experience for a true girlie girl.

Even though we were moving, we still found time to have some cupcakes, sundaes, and have decorations to boot.

Nana was a huge help during the move. She did a lot of heavy lifting with us, watched the kids, and allowed us to do a lot of other things. We never would have pulled it off without her help, thanks Nana! One of nana's favorite things about out old house was the pool, and considering how hot it was, nana took full advantage of cooling down in the water. Those are Andy's goggles on upside down :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie is truly a girlie girl - so is her Mommie - yes I loved that pool - upside down goggles? You have no idea how tight they were - I meant to pack my own mask - it got as far as my bedroom but didn't make it into the suitcase - I was honored to be of help - anytime. I makes me feel important.Sorry I attached the cookie bag - I did that using my right hand and teeth - I was on the phone at the time.

Anonymous said...

Steve sorry I folded your dirty underwear - just trying to be a really good Mom.