Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer Swim

I continue to marvel at how much the kids love to swim, and how fast they progress in skill. Katie is now diving to the bottom of the pool (like 9' down) and picking up multiple rings. Andy is holding his breath for 20 seconds. The both love to jump in and splash me. Katie did about 25 cannon balls in a row without stopping during this session. I've gotten the kids firmly hooked on 80s music as we listen to it on the the pool speakers while we swim. Katie like the Bangles. Andy likes anything that lets him play air guitar.

Tomorrow Jen has to get her teeth cleaned so I am going to babysit the kids at HP for a long lunch while this is going on. The campus is pretty big and I'm going to take them on a tour of all the 'fun' stuff. Ill report back in with how it goes. I'm expecting the vending machine and the copy machine to be the big hits. Also we have a white-board that you can 'print' whatever you draw on it... It's pretty funny how excited they are about coming to the office. It reminds me of how Dad used to take TL and I to GE and let us Xerox our faces on the high-tech copy machine in the 70s. Good times.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across a xerox with the three of our hands on it. It's precious...I would copy and email it to you but it's packed in a box somewhere in the sea of boxes in our garage.
-TL

Anonymous said...

I have the one of the faces of you and TL pressed tightly against the glass and one of TL's blue doll that Meg now has. Precious.