Monday, July 14, 2008

Castle Rock


While we were in Colorado, we got the treat to get together with all the Heldt cousins for the first time in a long while. It was truly special to see everyone and marvel at the kids.

My favorite moments:

Mike putting a Pepper Johnson style linebacker hit on Krystal

BBQing in the rain

Duck Duck Goose

Watching Mike play his church guitar solo.... 5 times!

And being reminded that family is something that changes and grows. Children become parents and parents become grandparents. And sometimes, when the weather is just right, we all get the chance to act just like kids again.

Thanks for having us, hope to see you all soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve, that was an awesome post. Very profound. Now I know why my shoulder hurt the next morning. And I think it was only 3 times, and when you get to play Bon Jovi at church, 3 times is nothin'. :) We loved seeing you all as well. You missed it. After you left, I put a lickin' on little Yosef and gave him a bloody lip. "If you can't take the heat," I yelled. (Ok, not really, it was an accident and I felt terrible. Tough little guy didn't even shed a tear. He's gonna be able to kick my a$$ someday...probably in about 9-10 years)

Cousin Mike

Anonymous said...

Yea Mike...good story. I think that "can't take the heat" comment was directed towards me before the tackle. And I clearly could take the heat due to the wide grin on my face in the pictures. And yea, Steve, my brother can play Bon Jovi as much as he darn well pleases. lol Ok, I'm done, I better go now!
Love ya,
Cuz Krys