Monday, December 15, 2008

Gingerbread, Skating, Bolt and Flooding


Here are the pics of the awesome gingerbread cookies Jen and the kids came up with. Pretty rad eh? Also, note the plate they are displayed on. I made that plate 34 years ago!

Yesterday Katie and I went Ice Skating together at the local rink. The Adventure Guides program reserved the whole thing for 2 hours. I was really nervous cause I had no idea how to ice skate. I think I've done it a couple times as a kid -- it's just not a big SoCal thing! So we got there and laced up and hit the ice. It was funny both Katie and I started-out CLINGING to the side of the rink, looking like total noobs as we tried to find some way to stand on our own.

I found it's not too different from roller-skating and was able to get some stability after a few minutes. Then we took each other's hands and started venturing out into the traffic of skaters. After a few laps, I must say we were looking pretty good. Katie would occasionally lose her balance and daddy would pull her back-up, never letting go all the while. By the end of the 2 hours, we had progressed to "advanced-noobs".

Also we participated in "Roostisha-on-Ice", and were treated to a performance from one of the local ice-ballerinas. I think Katie's favorite part was when they turned off all the lights and we skated on the crazy dark disco colors to High School Musical Songs. It was a lots of fun to be sure.

Also earlier in the day, we went and saw Bolt. I was totally happy with the movie and would recommend it. Funny, clever, and a nice new take on a tired genre of dog-based kid's movies.

Unfortunately I came down with a rough cold today. On top of that, it rained like crazy here today, and our driveway started flooding. Jen and I frantically tried to bail out the water, that was pooling in our driveway and called the emergency drain people. We seem to have been successful in thwarting what could have been a major disaster if no-one was home.

Exciting 24 hours.

No comments: