Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas, Moses & Indianna Jones






Nana came to visit this week, and you know what that means... early Christmas! We decided not to decorate the house for the holidays this year because we were going to be spending Christmas in Colorado. So when nana showed-up with a bundle of goodies, we didn't have a tree to put them under. In typical nana-creative fashion, her and the kids colored-up a tree and stuck it on the wall. We even hung the stockings from my camera tripod for added effect. Note the photo.

Katie came to me just before dinner on the day Nana arrived:

Katie: *Excited* "Daddy, We are opening presents tonight!"

Me: "Who decided this?"

Katie: "We voted."

Me: "But I didn't vote"

Katie: *smiling* "You didn't need to!"


OK: 1) when did this become a democracy? and 2) since when does my vote not count? I guess 3 votes is all you need for a majority around here! No problem, I like gifts, so we did the Christmas thing that night. Lots of great presents, thanks Nana!

Andy got an Indiana Jones Lego set which we built last night. It features the "Ark of the Covenant" from the first movie. Andy asked me what the ark was, so I told him the story of Moses, and the Ten Commandments. The story was a bit long and Andy's eyes began to wander toward the end, he was clearly getting bored by my rendition. So at the end to spice it up, I told him that the Ark had the power of God, and some people say that it can shoot fire and lightening. Andy's eyes then immediately lit up, followed by, "WOW, COOL!"



The next morning Andy was telling Nana bout the Lego set:

Andy: "And snakes drop down here, and there's a skeleton on a chain, and these traps fall down...

Andy: :...and Indiana Jones has LASERS!"


Apparently the Moses story translates to 'Indiana Jones has Lasers' Oh well, I still got a few more chances to work on the details.

3 comments:

Kim Babcock said...

OMG, you guys are too funny! I love the home-made tree and makeshift "chimney" - way to go Nana! Hope you guys (continue to) enjoy your Christmas holiday! xo Kim & Kelly

Anonymous said...

Steve - Actually Andy told me that Moses had lasers! Much more creative. It was great fun. I love the way Steve turns back into a little boy when it comes to gift giving time. Lots of love and enthusiam.

Rachel said...

Ahhh, Holiday Barbie, those were the days. Regrettably I never played with mine so she would always be in mint condition. In a house of smokers that was a silly thing to do. So sad...