Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Flashback


I recently got a new PC. For you tech heads, its a 1.8GHz Dual Core, 1Gb Memory, 500Gb Hard drive, all for $295. I was very impressed by the value. This new PC has Vista. One of the neat features is this 'widget' that basically creates a picture frame on your desktop, and plays a slide show of all your photos.

This feature has proven to be very powerful to me. At first it had me giggling, as I was occasionally shown old photos and reminded how tiny the kids used to be. But now I find it a bit much, as the constant nostalgia tends to make me feel old! I am trying to figure out how to tweak the settings to get the right amount of memories in my life.

This is a photo of Dad and Katie. It was taken about 5 years ago. I find it hard to believe how much things can change in such a short time, and how quickly such a short time can pass. OK, enough deep stuff.. enjoy the photo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a sweet deal. Is that an HP employee special??

I have a love/hate relationship with that widget too. Hate may be a strong word. It can definitely send a flood of memories at you.

Sweet pic! Man, does your dad look good!

Sando said...

Woody ~

Yes, HP Employee program (Which basically saves me $50) They also happened to be running a $100 rebate.