Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Of all the gifts...


Andrew's class had a special assignment today. Each kid was asked to take home some blue construction paper and ask their families, "What would you give baby Jesus for Christmas?" The pieces of paper would then be glued into a rings to make garland for the school tree.

I found it an odd question to ask. Isn't one of the key points to the story of the first Christmas about not needing anything fancy to have the most incredible experience? Needless to say, when it came my turn, I decided (after thinking for a bit) that it would be really hard to shop for baby Jesus. I finally settled on getting him a Baby Bjorn carrier.

Here is what the rest of the troops came up with:

Jen: "A hand-stitched cozy warm blanket"
Katie: "A gold and silver cup and cradle"
Andy: "A hard plastic red lightsaber"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would get a rocking chair - made out of a donkeys saddle of course, and rock him and sing him to sleep.
I would give him the gift of love.

But I'm sure the light saber and gold&silver cradle and cup would be the favorites :-) Could sell the cradle and get two more donkeys and use the light saber to keep the romans away! Of course with the Baby Bjorn you would only need one more donkey for a while at least.

Rachel said...

Desitin. Even the son of God gets a diaper rash once in a while.

Anonymous said...

I asked Megan the same question and she said she could get him a white wooden cradle because managers don't rock.

Anonymous said...

Actually managers rock - mangers don't.

Woody said...

I love it! I bet Mary & Joseph could have found many, many uses for a light saber in those days.