Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hardly Working


Katie has become increasingly interested in having her own 'work area' so she can color and cut-out things. She sees me working from home sometimes and I think she wants to replicate the 'importance' of having personal space when she is concentrating on something. (I think she just likes the idea of having a work space that guarantees some level of "you can't interrupt me, I'm busy working") I guess I need to think a little more about the impact of saying that to my kids when I am working at home...

So when Nana offered this little roll-top desk, it seemed like a great fit for Katies needs. She really gets into her coloring and crafts and especially loves her new desk. Thanks nana! This is nana's desk from when she was a littel girl, and was also used by TL and your's truly.

We were up in SB this weekemd. Got to see Nana, Papa, and Great Grandma. Highlights: Natural History Museum, Dinner and Woody's, and Ice Cream and McConnel's.

My favority mispronounced word of the week: Andy saying "Aliens", pronounced "LAY-LIE-ENS".

Oh one last quick story, tonight I'm giving the kids a bath. Katie says, "Andrew, pretend you are a boy in ballet and put your arms like this..." (She poses like a ballerina while sitting in the tub.)

(Andy looks at her confused and then his eyes get big as a new idea enters his brain...) Andy replies, "No Katie, pretend I have a lightsaber, and it's stuck in my back and I'm dead."

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE your Andy stories. That kid is hillarious!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Andy - you are so not ballett material! It makes me happy to see Katie using the desk - thanks for coming up this weekend and I thought you would add Great Grandma singing "just because you think your so pretty, just because you think your so hot" - and on and on would also have been a highlight :-) Looking forward to Christmas.

Sando said...

Thanks Rachel ~

He gives me so much material. I am amazed at how well he gets along with his sister considering how different they are... the contrast is like toothpaste and orange juice.

Anonymous said...

We all need our space at times and I think that was a great gift from Nana.

No, Andrew, I don't want you to even pretend your dead! Your are the winner in light saber duels!