Sunday, November 25, 2007

First Tree


Tis' a a year for many holiday firsts for us. You are now looking at our very first Christmas tree! We spent the day yesterday listening to holiday music, putting up the tree, hanging lights and decorations, and getting well into the holiday spirit. I continue to develop thankful appreciation for the women in the family that hold onto things like ornaments and keepsakes. I was quite surprised at the amount of ornaments that we had dating back to the early '70s. All this nostalgia had me looking at my house with a little more value, things felt a little more like home than they have before.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the ceramic LOVE ornament hanging front and almost center. I think I made that for you when I took ceramics in college. See what my higher education did for ya?! The tree looks great.

Anonymous said...

Your tree is beautiful - keepsakes bring back warm memories - someday you will appreciate the fact that I saved your baby teeth - :-)

Love you -

Rachel said...

First tree since you have been married? crazy! 30 plus year old teeth? Gross!

Anonymous said...

When are you going to post the video of you exiting the shower and you and Andrew singing Christmas carols lustily?

Good family bonding!