Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More Fire

Wow, lots has happened since yesterday.

Fires are raging. It's scary down here. 300,000 people have been evacuated from north county. The Ramona fire (Witch Fire) has now burned clear to the coast and is threatening Del Mar. We have friends here who have evacuated from thier homes. Rancho Bernardo (where I work) is burning.

So far it looks like we will be OK, but you never know, and the winds keep blowing. The fire is about 10 miles north of us right now. We are safe now. Ill update more as I know more.

Good web coverage and maps are at:

http://www.cbs8.com/

4 comments:

Kevin Heldt said...

Thinking about you guys. Thanks for the updates -- we'll keep checking back and praying.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't even think of you guys! I didn't realize it was that close to you. Let's all pray for rain!

Mike Heldt said...

It's crazy seeing RB like that. That's where I started with Edward Jones. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Your in my heart and mind every minute - Jon drove from Santa Barbara to San Diego yesterday - Highway 5 is open both ways - no traffic - come north young man come north!