Wednesday, October 10, 2007

And away they go...


I really wish we had some neat national geographic quality pictures of the butterflies taking flight today but sadly it wasn't in the cards. Every time we got one on a finger and got it to the top of the habitat, they would quickly take-off. I guess they couldn't wait to get some freedom. Katie was totally into it, practically grabbing the little guys in an effort to get them to walk on her hand.

As you can guess from my tone, we released all the butterflies today. I am happy to report that there were no fatalities and all our little guests made it off into the wild blue without any incidents. I must admit I am sad to see them go. It was a nice change of pace having them around and watching them change from day to day.

Thanks again Nana, we really enjoyed this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutie pie picture Katie!! Ok Sando, with three thank yous I will find some interesting project within a month for a science project. Keep the pavallion - in about 6 months I will send "refills".

Sando said...

Ummm, icky red-gooey butterfly habitat went bye bye already Nana...

I think to be fair to Jennifer, the next 'expirement' has to be without any red oozy stuff :)