Friday, September 29, 2006

Masterpeice

Kati'e latest masterpeice. She drew this in about 5 minutes with no help from any outside sources. (No no I'm not proud or anything.) Can you guess what it is? Why it's mommy of course!

So before I had kid's, I would notice that parents had this wierd desire to show off thier kid's artwork within their offices and cubes at work. Whenever people would put up pictures of thier kid's colorings at work, I always look at the art and think "Man, that's really kinda bad..." I had a hard time understanding why people would want to shame themselves by displaying such obvious incompotence -- especially considering it was coming from thier children! So years later, now that I have a couple of budding young artists of my own, I see things very differently. Now when I look at those same drawnings, I think to myself, "Man, my kid's are way more talented than yours..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see the azure highlights in the blond hair - perfect Katie. Steve, I know what your talking about - I have been guilty of coping my kids artwork and sending them to friends and grandparents so that more could share the amazing talent. In fact when my son did a line drawing of Einstein upside down I even paid big bucks to have it framed. Its in the attic now - but ready for viewing if anyone is interested.

Jennifer said...

I was thinking the blue highlights looked quite nice against the black backdrop. Hey, at least I have red lipstick on!