Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Adventure Guides


Katie and I have started the Adventure Guides program.

Its the same thing as the old Indian Guides program, and it's set-up for fathers and kids to spend time togehter, kinda like the scouts. I have been really looking forward to this thing since I had such a great time at it when I was a kid. The program asks each person to name themselves with an American Indian name. Katie's name is "Fluffy Fawn" and my name is "Big Buck"... (try not to laugh too hard)

So anyhow, we went up to Warner Springs for our first outing a few weeks ago. Its a really neat place with a natural hot spring. While there, Katie got to ride a horse for the first time. Of course she asked me to buy her one when she was done. I told her to talk to her Auntie Tanya to find out how much work it is but somehow I don't think hat's going to discourage her.

No comments: