Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lego my Lego


I have alluded to the magnitude of our Lego collection in some of my other posts, but I figured it was time to give you all a glimpse of the true marvel. Sadly, the picture dosesn't seem to really deliver on experssing how many of those little buggers we have, the only way to really understand this is to clean then up every night. Believe me, there are lots.

Aside from the painful clean-up, they are really one of the best toys ever made. Both kids love them and we spend a lot of time with them, creating fantastic stuff that can only come from the mind of a kid.


Tonight Andy made something that I didn't recognize and showed it to me...

Andy: "Dad, check out my Shik-a-Munda"

Me: "That's totally awesome buddy!" (Having no idea what it was.) "What did you call it?"

Andy: (Slow and more deliberate, frustrated that he has to repeat himslef) "A SHIK-A-MUNDA"

Me: "What's a shik-a-munda?"

Andy: (Now very animated) "It's a space monster, with lasers, and he goes 'swoooooosh' and 'wishhhh'"

Me: "Wow, that is really cool."

Andy: "Yeah, he is really cool."


I still need to figure out how to build a robot that will clean up our Legos when we are done, but until then, I'll just have to settle for a shik-a-munda.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I used to use a carpet rake to get all the play food in one spot...

That is A LOT of Leggos. I am excited for that stage of the game. Aubrey would love them now, but Ainsley would choke and possibly die...