Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sea Monkeys


More swimming. I think my kids are growing gills. Today I was woken up with: "Daddy, get up, we need to go swimming!" I must admit I love the pool. It's expensive to maintain (cause you all know I'm too lazy to do a good job with it myself so we have to pay someone to come out and keep it clean.} And we can't use it for 8 months out of the year, but in the summer... it all seems worthwhile. No matter how stressed or tired I am, after getting wet, swishing around n the 88 degree water, and watching the kids have fun, all the troubles wash away.

We have been listening to an 80s station while we swim (go go Sirrus Satellite Radio.) We have some speakers set up out back. I am properly brain washing my kids with the dulcet sounds of Men at Work, The Police, Madonna, U2, and the other 'classics'. It's funny when you see Katie starting to sing along now that she has heard a few of them multiple times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes the 80's. I remember those years as they rushed by. What I remember hearing from your room that made an impact in the memory (not easy to do) was Billy Idol and the song "forever young" don't know who sang that. Oh wait, and I remember n'sync, was it U2 or U2D2? You were a great teen! You still are! :-)

Sando said...

Mom, if you are going to post slanderous accusations that I listened to n'sync, I'm going to have to pull your posting rights!

:)