Friday, July 20, 2007

Who ate all the Entenmann's...


This morning I had an early work call and I decided to call in from the home office. Being the caring father that I am, I set-up Katie and Andy with a couple doughnut-holes each, clicked on the TV for them, and headed to the den to settle-in. The last thing I said to them was, "Hey guys, if you are still hungry, there are more doughnuts in the cupboard, but don't eat too many..."

About 15 minutes later, I come out to check on them and I find this empty box on the floor... (keep in mind, this box had about 20 doughnut-holes in it when I last saw it...)

Me: "Guys! What happened to all the doughnuts?!?"

Kate: "Ummm, daddy... we accidentally ate all the doughnuts..."

Me: "..."

Accidentally? How do you accidentally eat a whole box of doughnuts? Hey wait a minute, maybe this excuse will be good for me at work... "Yeah boss, sorry I'm late, I accidentally drank all the beer last night..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think using the "accidently" is a winner. Boy would I have a list:-)