Monday, June 04, 2007

Legos from Long-ago


Went up to SB this weekend to spend some quick time with mom and pop. While I was there, I raided the attic for my old Lego collection. We have a laundry basket full of them, must be nearly 10,000 legos. As soon as I got home we busted them out and started making stuff on the living room floor.

Man these things bring back some fond memories. I used to spend a LOT of time making stuff, mostly spaceships and castles with intricate fantasies attached. I found myself playing with the Legos (and not the kids) after about five minutes of digging in. Great stuff, great toy. Thanks mom for saving this, we are going to get a lot out of it. (At least I will!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, Steve! And I know Katie and Andrew will really get into them with you.

Anonymous said...

Your welcome Steve - I can see some of the old designs coming back already. I just sent Tanya her original cabbage patch dolls also. So I suppose she is sitting on the living room floor changing their clothes.

Mike Heldt said...

that's awesome. I have vivid memories of those spaceships. I remember that big tub of legos and weren't they in a big denim bag? Maybe my memories are mixing.