Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My Special Day


Last night Katie had an event at her school called "My Special Day." The idea is that she gets to choose a parent to bring to class in the evening for an hour of 1:1 play time. I was very honored that Katie wanted me to come with her. Pulled some double-duty babysitting time for one of Katie's calssmates (+ Andy) and Katie and I then headed over to her school.

Well things started off very special as we did a craft together... then Katie ran into one of her good friends in class and suddenly daddy might as well been invisible! I manged to stay cool and try not to look too abandoned (although I kinda felt like I had a "L" on my forhead.) Katie was content to play with her friend while I kinda did stuff next to them in uber third-wheel fashion. It was a pretty funny picture with my 6'3" self sitting in one of those itty bitty chairs trying to include myself while I mashed on some pink play-dough...

Next time I'm going to tie some Barbies around my nck to ensure I get the propoer attention!

Actually, it was a lot of fun, seeing Katie in her element was great and her teachers seem awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Steve! And.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

TODAY IS YOUR SPECIAL DAY ALSO!

Happy Birthday You Sweet Son!

Your a great Dad and I know she was proud to have you sit there and be by her side!