Monday, June 23, 2008

When I Grow Up


The other night I asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up. Katie thought for a few seconds, and then decided that she wanted to be a writer, and write books for kids and adults. I could actually see her doing this. She like to spend a lot of time drawing and making up stories to go with her pictures. She even started making a book this week called, "The Cat with Red Eyes". Coming soon to a store near you.

Andy thought hard about the question, and finally decided not to choose. "I don't want to tell you" he said. I let it go, and then tonight while I was putting him down for bed, he brought it up to me. "Dad, when I grow up, I want to be a Ninja." I chuckled of course. He quickly followed this up with some questions about the profession: "Are Ninjas bad?", "Do Ninjas use Lightsabers?", and most importantly, "Can I be a GOOD Ninja?"

So, it looks like I have one kids who is going to write books for the betterment of society, and one good natured assassian. I guess it could be worse!

2 comments:

Kevin Heldt said...

Ha! Love the term "Good-Natured Assassin"! Sounds like a sitcom spoof the old SNL (back when it was actually good) would have run with. Andy, the Good-Natured Assassin, right after Toonces, the Driving Cat.

(I left a comment on your post about the Lorax, Steve, but I think I was too far behind for you to read it!)

Anonymous said...

I have an idea - Andrew could be the ninja that zaps people who won' buy katies books :-)