Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Vacation 2012








Spent the past few days up at Copper Mountain for spring break.  Ski trips are really something special for us as a family right now.  Its something everyone loves, and we can all do together.  We are able to get away from the craziness of everyday life, get to a beautiful place, and just have fun.  It's something  healthy too.

It's amazing how fast the kids are getting.  Yesterday I figgured I would take off ahead of the pack and wait for them down the hill -- so I turned on the burners and hit it hard for about 30 seconds.  I stop and look back, and her the WHOLE family is right behind me still!  The kids have big grins on their faces and Jen comes in last looking harried and concerned...  I can only imagine that by next year we are going to have a hard time keeping up.  My dad once told me that there is a magic day when you are skiing with you kids when you all go the same speed...  the day after you are never able to keep up with them again.  I fear that time is coming soon.

Cant wait to get up there again and to try and find a way to get more days on the mountain next year.

PS - For my dedicated blog followers (if I have any) I have been spending more time posting on Facebook lately, so please follow me there and or on Instagram if you want to get the daily doings on us.

No comments: