Sunday, August 02, 2009

Triathalon


Today we went down to Cherry Creek State Park to watch my sister and my cousin's wife compete in a Triathlon. It was to benefit the fight against breast cancer -- a very inspirational setting and experience.

I'm so proud of my sis! She really cranked and it was great having so many family and friends (and mom) there to cheer her across the finish. It was hot but the kids were effectively distracted with Popsicles and pink party beads.

I find myself thinking I might consider doing one of these events. I think it's required by law here in Colorado. I heard a statistic the other day that Co is the only state in the Country that is not clinically obese -- and I'm starting to notice that the combination of mountain air and frequent sunshine seems to have a healthy effect on people.

On another note, Andy said something funny today while at the pool. A lady came up to him and Katie (and since they look about the same size) she says:

Lady: (to Andy) "Are you and your sister twins?"

Andy: (looking irritated and responding defiantly) "NO! I'm a boy!!!"

Clearly Andy did not understand that you can have twins that are not identical, and was insulted that he lady suggested he might resemble a girl. Too funny.

SS

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry I missed you guys. I apparently don't know where you are supposed to go after a race! I think it took nearly 40 minutes for Mike and I to connect.

Mike has been researching these all day. Maybe you guys can plan one together for next year!

nana said...

after the race we didn't do anything exciting except plod out way back to the car.