Wednesday, July 29, 2009

SHUBYS



I can't believe it's already been a month since we left California.

In all that time, we haven't gone out to dinner ONCE. I spend pretty much every day at the house, I go to Home Depot a lot for lunch breaks and after the kids are in bed. We are going out for dinner tomorrow to my sister's so that will be a nice treat to get out. All these projects are consuming me. Thankfully Jen and the kids are able to be more ambulatory than myself.

I finally finished Andy's room (mostly) and so ill have to take some photos and post. Im really happy with it, and he tells me that he is as well. He's sleeping tomorrow so you will have to remind me.

This weekend was very busy, mainly because we had our first sleep over guests... THE SHUBYS!

Yes yes, the Shuby's were on world tour -- Rick was dragging them all in a Suburban across the states, they had been up to Glacier National Park, and so they 'swung by' Colorado for a few days. It was awesome. We always have such a great time with them, and we seem to share many of the same values. Even when we don't see each other for over a year, we click when we are together like we haven't missed a minute.

Highlights:

-- Going to Red Rocks and planning fantasy concerts we are going to attend in the future

-- Our first Rockies game vs the Giants

-- Watching the put on dancing shows int he basement

-- The boys playing "target" a game they invented by rolling a ball on our new rug and getting points for different spot (gee the Sandos must have a real fun house if that's the youth entertainment)

-- Sitting on the porch and watching the lightning, listening to Jack J

-- And of course, drinking good wine, listening to good music, and playing Shanghai for the crown. We always play cards at night with Rick and Vic and this trip was no exception. We have always held a healthy competition around winning so Rick finally made a real 'crown' made from cards that the winner of the last night's game gets to keep until the next meeting.

Here's hoping that I get a chance to lose it back real soon. Thanks for visiting guys.

1 comment:

Woody said...

Oh man...I want to play "target"! I love games like that. Good times with friends. It doesn't get much better! See you tomorrow!