Monday, May 18, 2009

Catching-Up


My apologies to anyone who is still checking my blog, it's been a very hectic month. Let's try and catch-up.

It looks like we have been taking a good amount of pictures so I will try and post some eventful recaps over the past few weeks.

Lets start with Fiesta Island. Katie and I had a great daddy-daughter camping date at our local city-park called Fiesta Island. Its one of the world's largest man made water-parks, composed of large bays and camping areas. We went as a part of the Adventure Guides program. It was a lot of fun spending time 1:1 with Katie. And since the destination was less than a few miles from the house, it was easy peasey.

The Adventure Guide trips often turn out to be competitions between the dads to see who can outdo the other with the best food preparations. Each of the fathers was given a meal to provide for. I drew breakfast. Knowing that I am not the world's greatest cook, I decided to use a secret weapon, Krispe Kreme doughnuts! A winner every-time. The other dads prepared everything from King Crab Legs, Tri-tip, and Apple Cobbler.

We also got a chance to do some canoe-ing. I dont think I have been in a canoe since I was like 7. It was lots of fun rowing around the bay and I think Katie enjoyed it even more than me.

Coming up next: Birthday, Mother's Day, The Grouchy Ladybug, and Mount Palomar...

No comments: