Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Discovering Wonderful New Things



Me: "Come on Andy, get out of the shower and get your jammies on."

Andy: "Dad?... I have beans inside me."

Me: "What? You ate some beans?"

Andy: "No! I have BEANS inside me... seeee?"


(Not sure how to relate this next part, so I'll just go as clinical as I can. He then grabs his scrotum with both hands, and stretches it out to show that his testicles are clearly inside, and presents this to me with the same demeanor as you might expect when one shows you a new toy.)

Me: "..."

Andy: "See? Beans!"

Me: "Be careful there buddy, you got be nice to those things, you are going to need them later."

Andy: "What are they for?"

Me: "Go put your jammies on."

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow. For the second time today, I am thankful that I live in the world of girls.

R

Kathy said...

HAAAAA - oh my gosh that was FUNNY!! Come on, Steve. You know you're going to think about that conversation until you think of a way to answer his question. THEN I want to see you post part two of that conversation!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should tell him they are for - so he doesnn't show someone else for an answer - you might want to tell hi the difference before you go to some store with im and run into a bean bag chair, or a beannie baby or the book jak and the beanstalk. As of this moment you are still in charge.

Sando said...

I'm thinking I still have some time before I gotta explain!

Brianna Heldt said...

Okay I'm laughing out loud! That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

Make sure he knows that those are only the beans he gets so you gotta be nice to them...but not tooo nice. Ok, now I am making me laugh!

M