Friday, March 16, 2007

Grabby Geese



So we went to Lake Miramar this last weekend. When I was a kid, my dad used to drag us all over California to different lakes -- so I figgured it was about time to start passing on that tradition. Lake Miramar is probably more of a pond than it is a lake, but it's super close to where we live so it was an easy trip.

The kids loved it. We brought some bread with the intent of feeding ducks. Well, these two geese IMMEADIATELY confronted us as we came down to the shore. Apparently these geese (which were as big and as tall as Katie and Andrew) had absolutely no fear of people. They were honking really loud and getting RIGHT in our faces. It was so bad that Jen and the kids literraly threw the food at me and took cover from a distance. I have to admit, I was a bit intimidated myself. The were searously trying to grab the bread out of my hand and going for the bag. Those were some crazy geese!

Once we fed them, they seemed to calm down a bit and actually swam away after they realized we had nothing left to offer. We then did a little walking and checked out the fishermen, fishies, and collected a few pine cones. Good stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geese can be nasty. Good Father, Steve, carrying on a good tradition - did you throw rocks in the water? And lay in the grass the try to figure out what the clouds where? Now if you really want to carry on a Dad tradition you would feed the geese 22 bullits :-), and then feed yourself the geese :-). But not as a family outing.

Anonymous said...

I wish there was a way to go back and fix what I wrote - I can't so I will have to do it like the news paper does it. Where is are. And the rest would not have been typed. It seemed so funny at the time.